We developed this program to provide trained Pilates instructors with a clearer understanding of how to better teach Pilates within a professional, supportive and focused environment.
Through a concise breakdown of selected exercises from all levels participants will develop strong teaching skills that are defined and progressive.
Emphasis will be placed on:
1) To enhance and further educate participants knowledge on the following teaching tools and approaches:
- verbal skills (effective cueing and correcting)
- tactile cues (appropriate hands on assistance)
- visual (what to look for and where to look)
2) To deepen participants understanding of the muscles and joints involved in the biomechanics of selected exercises.
3) To consider best programming options based on clients’ goals, postures, range of motion and physical capability.
4) To assist participants in strengthening existing client teaching skills
5) To encourage thoughtful, customized programming that is geared towards the individual client and their particular needs
6) To engage in a dialogue of the interrelationship between client retention and ongoing professional as well as self-development
Fully trained in a recognized Pilates certification program. Client teaching experience is recommended but not required.
The course instructor will teach 10 different workouts that will focus on selected teaching skills, programming choices, levels of difficulty. Participants will be guided through a breakdown of selected exercises focusing on various aspects of the course objective.
Areas of Focus
Selected exercises from Pilates Mat & Reformer Repertoire
April 24, 25 & 26, 2020
May 8 & 9, 2020
Fridays: 1:30pm – 7pm
Saturdays: 9:30am – 3pm
Sunday: 11am – 4:30pm
Students will be given a list of selected exercises before each weekend.
1228 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario, M4T 1W3
Please email email@example.com or call 416.836.3108 for more information.