- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 tablespoons sugar*
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 10 whole coriander seeds 7-8 jalapeno peppers thinly sliced
* I used 2 tablespoons sugar in the recipe for a spicy/mild flavour. For spicier jalapeños use 1 tablespoon sugar and for less spicy jalapeños use 3 tablespoons sugar. The more sugar you use, the more heat will be absorbed.
- Combine the vinegar, water, garlic, sugar, salt, peppercorns and coriander in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add jalapeño pepper slices, stir and remove from heat.
- Let sit for at least 8 minutes. Then use tongs to remove the jalapeños from the pot to a jar; cover with the brining liquid to fill the jar.
- Store in the fridge for up to two months.