What is Pilates to you in 3 words?
Self-Awareness. Balance. Life-long.
Why I love to teach
To me, Pilates is about constantly learning about your body, which is forever changing and adapting. What I love most about teaching is the opportunity to work with clients; to increase their strength, balance and coordination with whatever physical and mental tools they can access on that day. It’s a very rewarding experience to help someone connect into a part of their body or understand a movement that enhances their self-awareness making them stronger both physically and mentally. And it’s even more rewarding to see them walk out of a session a little taller, a little more focused and connected and always a little bit happier with what they’ve accomplished.
- ELDOA Level 1 Certification (Toronto, 2018)
- TRX Suspension Training (Toronto, 2016)
- M.A., Critical Disability Theory, thesis: “How Critical Theory Can Inform Pilates Practitioners”, York University, Toronto, 2011
- Gyrotonic Level 1 Certification (Montreal, 2007)
- STOTT Pilates Full Comprehensive Program Certification (Toronto,1996)
- B.F.A. (hons.), York University, Toronto, 1996
- 200 hours Yoga Training, Octopus Garden (Toronto, 2015)
- 18 hours Skills Development Program for Instructors (2019)
- Movement of the Upper Quadrant: Thoracic, Cervical and Shoulder Girdle (2019)
- Functionality and Biomechanics of the Hip, Knee and Foot (2019)
- Co-founder & Director of Studio3 (Toronto, 2008-present)
- STOTT Pilates Instructor Trainer (1997-2010)
- Technical Director, STOTT Pilates Education DVD Series (2008)
- Presenter at Can-Fit Pro (Toronto, Halifax, Vancouver, St. John’s, 2004-2010)
- Present at IDEA (New York City, NY, Miami, Fl., 2005-2008)
- Presenter at IHRSA (San Francisco, 2005)
- Presenter at FILEX (Australia, 2004)
- Co-founder & Director of San Francisco Bay Area STOTT Certification Centre (2000-2003)